Salary: $100,000- $140,000, depending on experience
Red’s 6 Mission
To build the best in-flight Augmented Reality flight training system in the world, and to create the most effective combat pilots on the planet.
Software Engineering Department
The Software Engineering team at Red 6 develops software for systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented and virtual reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
As a Software Engineer at Red 6, you will take a critical role in developing next generation AR pilot training and operation. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing novel solutions to cutting edge augmented reality challenges. To achieve that mission, you will be involved in developing the game engine’s rendering codebase and implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain, as well as data processing and optimization. You will work on integrating with state-of-the-art simulation and live aircraft technology.
- 3+ years of professional C++ development
- Comfortable with linear algebra, DSP, 3D graphics math, and/or non-linear system modeling and simulation
- Comfortable developing and debugging complex real-time systems
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, runtime optimization, and inter-process communication
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in a related Engineering field (Aerospace, Electrical, Computer) or Advanced Mathematics/Physics degree
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of professional experience with high fidelity simulation, high performance video game or AR/VR applications
- 2+ years’ experience developing user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products, preferably in the Unreal Engine
- Experience using vendor SDKs to integrate COTS hardware into software applications
- Background with military or law enforcement and the ability to understand the nuances of customer use cases in those industries
- Familiar with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, and Confluence or similar bug/task tracking and version control software
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.