at Red Six Aerospace
Santa Monica, CA
Salary: $100,000- $140,000, depending on experience
Red 6 is a cutting-edge technology company specializing in the development of advanced solutions for military applications. We are seeking a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Research and Development team. This role will involve working on novel applications involving sensors for augmented reality systems that will be utilized in military pilot Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and contributing to mission-critical projects, we encourage you to apply.
As a Junior Software Engineer in the Research and Development team, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and optimizing augmented reality systems for military pilot HMDs. Your expertise in robotics, sensors, IoT, augmented reality, or virtual reality will be crucial in shaping the future of military aviation technology.
Responsibilities may include several of the following:
- Work as part of the software engineering team that is rapidly iterating and experimenting with new augmented reality prototypes, leverage the latest advancements in AR for military applications.
- Support the development of software to integrate sensors (such as LiDAR, cameras, photon amplifiers, optical sensors) to create real-time augmented reality experiences for pilots.
- Provide additional support in developing, Implementing and iterating algorithms for sensor data fusion, precise localization, and robust spatial tracking.
- Develop solutions for object recognition, gesture controls, and adaptive learning.
- Collaborate with the product team to turn prototypes into mission-ready systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
- A passion for augmented reality, virtual reality, robotics or related domains.
- Proficiency with C++ and Python or similar programming language (or want to learn)
- A can-do attitude and a readiness to work in a fast-paced R&D environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Qualifications or educational project background with
- Modern deep learning algorithms.
- Sensor data fusion, localization, and tracking techniques.
- LiDAR, radar, or optical sensors
- Robotics, Hardware, IOT devices or similar
- Unreal Engine or similar game engine.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.