About Secured Communications
Secured Communications (SC) is a leading global technology company specializing in safeguarding communications. With a proven security and technology leadership team, we are innovation leaders in providing ultra-secure, zero-trust oriented, enterprise communications solutions that are trusted by businesses, public safety and counter terrorism professionals worldwide.
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting opportunity to support sales partners, identify product enhancements and drive sales success for a growing business that is introducing several “world’s first” security solutions for enterprise business collaboration.
As the channel sales engineer, you will need to balance technical and sales skills in a dynamic environment, often in support of partners who have the primary relationship with the prospect. Your primary customer interaction will be with CXO and VP-level executives, technology management and line of business owners. You also will need to be comfortable interacting with software developers and architects. SC is a global business, and while this role is focused primarily on North America, additional remote support may be required in Latin and South America, as well as the Asia Pacific region. You will be required to manage a calendar, work independently, and be open to a reasonable amount of travel within the Americas as required.
Key outputs for role
Conduct product demonstrations and lead Proof of Concept discussions in consultation with sales agents, making sure to address any know client requirements or preferences
Support sales training for agents and partners as required to ensure understanding of product differentiation and overall value proposition
Develop and evangelize sales best practices and effective technical explanations on enterprise security and communications
Work in conjunction with sales partners on bids and proposals to ensure timely and accurate completion of client proposals
Lead webinars and thought leadership sessions to promote Mercury and drive customer adoption and references
Shape the technical aspects of the sales collateral to reflect various degrees of client technical understanding
Develop long-term relationships with clients through interpreting their requirements, managing their technical expectations and providing relevant product information
Actively assist Secured Communications account executives as requested in closing opportunities
Share product enhancements ideas and recommendations from clients and partners with Product Development, and assist with timing/prioritization in product roadmap(s)
Identify and capture prospect objections to product and product adoption, and recommend solutions to address/overcome said objections
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years of direct Solutions Architecture or Sales Engineering experience in enterprise security, software\UCaaS or SaaS service sales
- Experience as a technical security practioner, architect or decision maker
- Broad background in privacy and compliance security and core distributed computing concepts, as well as fundamentals of cloud computing, and storage systems
- Experience in Messaging and Collaboration required, and Security services preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills with the ability to connect with a wide range of audiences from deeply technical through C-suite.
- Experience in working with and developing trusted advisor relationships with assigned accounts.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft and application-based competition is preferred. (Teams, Wickr, RingCentral, Webex, Zoom, , etc)
- Ability to perform/adapt in a high-growth environment
- Ability to set and manage own business travel requirements, as travel around 50% or less of the time expected