Senior Electrical Engineer
Semtive has developed simple, affordable and reliable energy systems that are changing the
world. We are focused on renewable energy sources with a triple impact philosophy and our
goal is to democratize the access to energy around the world.
We are a fast-growing company that has a global market approach with current customers all
around the world.
Semtive is a firm that offers great challenges, constant change and excellent future opportunities
with a sustainable mission to disrupt the way the energy is being generated, managed and
We are looking for Senior Electrical Engineer to help us continue to scale our
organization based in Austin, TX. We want someone who is high energy, eager to succeed,
and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and working under pressure.
Level: Senior Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Department: Engineering Department
Location: Austin, Semtive USA Headquarters & Laboratory.
Work Schedule / Shift: Monday through Friday 9:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Hours per Week: 40
Remote work: No
Outsite work: Yes, site visit installations and inspections with clients, visits to clients, outside
Travel required: on demand.
- Perform detailed design of electrical power systems, inverters, controllers, and storage
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Assist in resolving operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or
- unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Assist with project proposals including technical
- requirements, development scope estimates, and engineering project plans.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept.
- Assist in identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and
- assist in ensuring solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Follow-up with vendors/suppliers (both local and foreign) according to the business’
- Coordinate and follow-up of production through our CM.
- Ability to work with R&D third parties.
- Drive improvements on all hardware parts of our systems.
- Provide critical review and guidance to teammate’s design and analysis.
- Capable of critical thinking, design and analysis to ensure success of projects.
- Evaluation of electrical test equipment specifications to provide sourcing
- Preparation of electrical specifications and architectural documents.
- Design, review, and detailed analysis of electrical designs.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Assist in cost and time estimation.
- Strong understanding of electrical & electronic designs.
- Proactive, self-driven, resourceful and self-motivated with good communication skills
and ability to work in high output environment and under pressure.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record.
- Ability to make clear recommendations when presenting at an executive level.
- Familiar with use of electronic test equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, bench power supplies,
AC/DC loads, grid simulators, etc.)
- Travel as required to support projects.
Education and experience
- Have a work permit for USA.
- A Bachelor’s and or Master´s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related
- 2 – 5 years job experience with power electronics including:
- Distributed electrical power generation equipment and systems.
- Power electronics, including active rectifiers, boost/buck converter topologies,
interleaved inverters, and filtering designs.
- Grid-connected product applications and power metering.
- Energy storage systems and familiarity with battery chemistries.
- 5 years job experience in product design.
- Experience related to controller, microinverter, and PV development and design is
- Understanding of embedded software skills and system applications. Coding skills a
- Working knowledge of FCC Class B Part 15, UL 1741-SA, UL 6142, IEEE 1547, IEC
61400-2, AWEA 9.1, NEC, and other industry standards/practices.
- Proficient or excellent knowledge of Altium schematic and layout packages and MS
Semtive is an equal opportunity employer. Our decision when hiring is not based on race,
religion, color, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age or any other
basis. We believe that diversity and inclusion can bring out the best in our workforce.