At Shipwell, we empower supply chain efficiency and service effectiveness at scale. The Shipwell platform includes capabilities previously out of most shippers' technical reach and affordability today. Our solution combines everything shippers need, from transportation management and visibility to procurement, in a comprehensive, easy-to-use platform. It will adapt and scale as market and business demand change, allowing shippers to operate, manage, and optimize the shipping process seamlessly. Industry experts have recognized Shipwell's traction in the market and have differentiated Shipwell as a leader in the logistics industry. Awards include Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS 2023, 2022, 2021, Food Logistics’ 2022 Top Software & Technology Providers, and FreightWaves’ FreightTech 2022 and 2021 Awards for Innovation and Disruption in Freight Industry. Shipwell was also named the fourth fastest-growing company in North America on the 2021, 2022, and 2023 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a Data Platform Engineer at Shipwell, you will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and implementing data models and BI reports in a cloud environment (we use AWS, Snowflake, and Looker)
- Proven track record of success in building a modern data foundation with DBT and LookML
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one common programming language. You should know SQL pretty well, and most of our data engineering stack is in python.
- Worked with large-scale data model refactoring for better performance and maintainability
- Experience with version control tools (GitHub, GitLab)
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field such Physics, Engineering, or computer science, or demonstrated equivalent quantitative experience.
What you’ll do when you get here:
- Collaborate closely with different teams inside Shipwell: Customer, Marketing, Product analytics, Revenue Analytics, Infrastructure
- Looker, DBT, and SQL models and document all decisions, data flow, and security policies
- Monitor BI infrastructure and provide insights about usage, content activity, user activity, Looker performance)
- Implement best analytical practices and create modern data platform (Fivetran + Snowflake + DBT + Airflow + Looker)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with different teams within the data team
- Opportunity to expand your skill set and take part in projects at the forefront of GenAI, ML, and AI in the logistics industry
- 401k plan (including match)
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Office in Austin, TX, or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, and life insurance
- Team building events
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast-growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive a technology package including a MacBook Pro
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within the Austin, TX office or you can choose to be fully remote.
The Salary Range for this role is between $90,000 - $130,000 based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem-solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard-working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!