Full Stack Software Engineer (Front-End Development Focus)
Strive Technologies specializes in the development of intelligent apparel that revolutionizes the way we understand and optimize health and human performance. Our state-of-the-art smart clothing captures and analyzes muscle, and motion data, providing invaluable insights that drive results. With a strong emphasis on data-driven decision-making, we empower athletes, teams, trainers, and individuals to unlock their full potential, reduce the risk of injuries, and maximize the effectiveness of their training.
In the next phase of our journey, Strive Technologies is poised to expand our product offerings into the rapidly growing health and wellness sector. As we embark on this exciting transformation, we are seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer with a focus on front-end mobile development to play a crucial role on our engineering team. As a key member of our development team, you will primarily focus on developing robust and user-friendly React Native mobile applications and will also assume the responsibility of understanding and contributing to our backend systems and infrastructure. We are looking for a technically-strong teammate who is passionate about front-end technologies and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you are passionate about leveraging technology to empower individuals in their pursuit of better health and performance, we invite you to join us on this transformative journey.
What You’ll Do
- Be a leader of front end development efforts by managing work on project priorities and deliverables
- Use BLE protocols and React Native to develop a mobile application that gathers biometric data recorded by Strive hardware devices, visualizes the data in a suite of animated graphs, and uploads the data to a GraphQL API.
- Utilize Apollo client to manage application state and ensure application efficiency through an effective and scalable caching strategy
- Develop a library of reusable components that can be utilized while implementing designs imagined by our UX department
- Own the front-end development and release lifecycles for Strive’s applications including portions of our CI pipeline and other requirements for Apple application releases
- Maintain a comprehensive test suite using Detox testing to ensure quality and a full night’s sleep, even when on call
- Be an active participate in front-end and back-end software architecture & design discussions by contributing evidence-based and experience-based suggestions
- Take part in the development of Strive’s back-end systems and services to maintain a level of proficiency across the entirety of our technology stack
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development culture where teamwork is a top priority
- Develop and maintain the engineering team’s code quality standards and enforce them across the codebase
- 3+ years experience of developing production-ready applications using React and React Native
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling of new and existing front end systems
- In-depth knowledge of technologies like Typescript, React Native, d3, Apollo, GraphQL, and related web technologies
- Experience managing the development and release lifecycles of IOS mobile applications released on the Apple App Store
- Experience working with technologies like NestJs, AWS, Kubernetes and Gitlab CI
- The ability to work with non-technical stakeholders and understand business requirements and translate them into actionable development specifications
- The willingness to recommend technical and business approaches which will result in engineering efforts meeting timelines with optimal solutions
- A high degree of comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-changing environment with rapid iteration cycles
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology and experience working within and leading Agile teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What Success Looks Like For your First Year With Strive…
In 3 months…
- You understand our codebase, infrastructure, and commonly used tools, which will be the foundational knowledge you will leverage while working at Strive
- You have begun work on enhancements to our mobile “teams” application to incorporate a new payment structure and help Strive better serve the needs of our gym and trainer clients
In 6 months…
- You have made a significant efforts in improving our enterprise application
- You have begun work to incorporate new BLE data feeds and visual infographics containing walking gait analysis into our mobile applications
In 12 months…
- You have taken a significant leadership role on the engineering team as a front end expert and will champion efforts to help Strive continue down the path of becoming a premier health and wellness solution.