Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
SubjectWell is a venture-backed technology startup on an unstoppable mission to disrupt patient recruitment for clinical trials, a $100 billion dollar sector. Clinical trials need millions of qualified patient volunteers, but regularly fall behind schedule because patients are unaware of the benefits of clinical trials or even how to get involved. SubjectWell was founded by two entrepreneurs on their third successful startup finding consumers and matching them with opportunities in digital marketplaces. SubjectWell is transforming patient recruitment with the creation of the first and only clinical trials marketplace. We broadly educate people on the benefits of research participation and allow interested patients to choose from and be screened against multiple clinical trials in the marketplace. Since 2012, SubjectWell’s high-touch approach has helped over 115 pharmaceutical and biotech companies find qualified patients in over 175 therapeutic areas.
SubjectWell is looking for exceptional people, who are passionate about their field of expertise. Your work will build an innovative healthcare startup that is helping patients access promising care and is speeding the delivery of new medical treatments to the world.
Here is your chance to really make a difference, both in your career and in the lives of millions.
About the Position
We are looking for a part-time Accounting Clerk to join our finance team. This individual will play a crucial role in managing our Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), and collections processes. In addition, they will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records using Quickbooks and assisting with various financial reporting and administrative tasks. Apart from accounting duties, this person will also have the chance to help with HR-related responsibilities, such as employee onboarding, record keeping, and benefits administration. These tasks are vital to creating a positive and supportive work environment for our team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) processes, including invoice processing, vendor payments, and customer invoicing.
- Monitor and ensure timely collections from customers and assist with collection efforts when necessary.
- Reconcile bank statements and maintain accurate financial records.
- Utilize QuickBooks software to maintain accurate financial data and generate reports as needed.
- Assist with payroll processing and HR tasks such as employee onboarding, record keeping, and benefits administration.
- Prepare financial reports and assist with month-end and year-end closings.
- Collaborate with the finance team to support various financial & administration tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ yearsexperience in accounting and bookkeeping, with a strong understanding of A/P, A/R, and collections.
- Available on a part-time basis, a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Excel
- Strong analytical skills, along with sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Be able to perform variance analysis and prepare account reconciliations
- “Can do” attitude
- Works well independently and in a team environment. Comfortable in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work a hybrid remote schedule, coming into the Austin office as needed
Perks & Benefits
SubjectWell hires incredibly talented and driven people who make us better. We strive to create an amazing workplace by investing in our employees. From our robust medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your entire family, and our unlimited PTO - we value your wellbeing. And with employee stock options and 401(k) with 3% employer contribution (no matching required), we are dedicated to your future.
For more in-depth information on what it’s like to work at SubjectWell, as well as a comprehensive list of our benefits and perks, visit http://www.subjectwell.com/work-with-us.