Sales Executive, Austin, TX (Institutional Finance, Real Estate)
Summary: Vertalo is looking for seasoned sales executives that thrive off the energy of a high growth, early stage technology company and don’t need or want the comforts of a large corporation. We are overwhelmed with inbound sales opportunities so we need proven sales professionals with early stage B2B SaaS experience.
Do you miss working in-person, collaboratively, with people, in an office? Are you ready to get back on a plane? Do you seek the excitement that comes from driving the growth of an early stage startup? Are you drawn to challenges? Have you ever been part of the early team at a startup? Are you interested in selling into a market that is so large that no one can even size it?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to join a sales team that hasn’t had to make a single outbound sales call to reach millions in ARR, Vertalo might be for you.
If you can handle ambiguity, like to create more than you like to extract, and like to learn, persuade, qualify, and disqualify opportunities...then this is the sales team for you.
If you want to help us maintain our leadership position and expand our moat, then Vertalo is the place for you.
If you are not fearful, then Vertalo is the place for you.
Vertalo connects and enables the digital asset ecosystem. Our digital transfer agent platform fuses traditional database and blockchain technology - enabling participants in the private assets and securities markets to:
- More efficiently manage primary issuances and the investor onboarding process
- More effectively manage, report on, and analyze ownership data
- More rapidly connect to Alternative Trading Systems for secondary liquidity
The private securities markets are huge yet antiquated. Vertalo is changing that landscape.
For context, the private capital markets raise ~ 2x the public markets every year. Our focus on digital securities and secondary liquidity sets us apart from larger incumbents. We are well positioned in this emerging massive market which equates to huge growth potential for our team. There are extensive near-term opportunities and longer-term exit scenarios for our company.
Vertalo is looking for savvy and seasoned Sales Executives that thrive in an early stage technology company. You will combine a forceful vision with deep client understanding to prospect and sell a compelling platform. You will be responsible for selling the Vertalo platform to net new customers mainly in the institutional finance and real estate markets.
This position is located in our Austin, TX office. While we do not offer remote or hybrid roles, we routinely visit prospects and clients as host meetings in our offices.
- Achieve your assigned sales objectives in a professional manner.
- Execute outbound prospecting and sales strategies for new client acquisition onto Vertalo’s platform.
- Execute a sales business plan to maximize sales in your assigned area of responsibility.
- Continuously engage in team based selling and apply proven enterprise class, B2B sales tactics to close new business and expand existing business.
- Effectively pitch the Vertalo platform to prospects and partners in the digital assets & securities ecosystem.
- Master the basics of the industries we serve, and bring back learning from your calls and meetings to help Vertalo improve its product, processes and partnerships.
- Become a specialist in the Vertalo platform, private capital markets, and stay apprised of industry trends.
- Work closely with the other teams within Vertalo to optimize sales efforts and internal processes.
- Attend meetings, industry events, and conferences as required to represent Vertalo.
- Proactively communicate insights and maintain sales data for effective pipeline management, forecasting, and sales insights.
- Provide transparency into the sales pipeline and accounts through detailed and timely use of our CRM system.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the institutional, real estate, private securities, and/or B2B/SaaS software market.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional Vertalo team, and ability to navigate the internal politics and processes of clients and prospects.
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA a plus).
- Strong skills and experience in the development of sales messaging and product value propositions.
- Proven ability to self motivate and maintain a high level of competitive spirit.
- Excellent time management, planning, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience selling enterprise-class solutions into the institutional, real estate, private securities, and or public securities markets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable selling platform technology that is constantly being improved
- Strong interest in or familiarity with digital currencies, blockchain technology, and related concepts.
- Deep market knowledge of the global asset management industry (alternative investments preferred) and deep understanding of various client segments as well as products, key regulatory, and industry trends.
- Experience in an early stage and or high growth environment; preferably technology or fintech space.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited Paid time off
- 401K plan
- Free lunch provided every day
- Flexible laptop/monitor/desk configuration
- Fried-chicken Fridays!
Something looks off?