Senior Software Engineer - VR (Unity)
WIN Reality is a sports technology company that is revolutionizing the way baseball and softball players prepare for the game. Using virtual reality, we provide athletes and coaches with the most authentic and immersive training experience in the world. This commitment has allowed us to partner with athletes, coaches, and organizations at all levels of the game from Youth Leagues to premier College Baseball and Softball programs, and Major League Baseball organizations.
Our commitment to innovation has attracted significant attention, including a $45 million investment from Spectrum Equity, a firm that has consistently identified emerging industry leaders such as GrubHub, Ancestry.com, and GoodRx.
WIN Reality is a high-growth company looking for driven teammates to grow with it. Our culture reflects the characteristics that make sports special - comradery, shared success, and challenge. Our teams are united in their efforts towards pushing the limits of technology to give our players an edge. We offer a competitive total rewards package, a diverse and collaborative environment, and incredible opportunities for professional development.
Senior Unity Developer
Location: Austin, TX
WIN Reality has an exciting opportunity within our VR Applications Team!
The WIN Reality VR Engineering team works to develop, extend, and maintain client-side systems and tools in our VR baseball training application. Our VR Engineers collaborate across teams to create and manage a core game platform, build tools for artists and designers, and facilitate client app communication with backend services.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in C# and Unity
- Strong foundation of fundamental programming principles
- Working knowledge of 3D math for game development
- Shipped at least one title/product in a software engineering role.
- AR/VR, mobile, or console development experience
- Familiarity with web/backend development
- Knowledge of computer graphics and shader development
- Android and Bluetooth expertise
Qualities We're Looking for:
- Takes ownership of a feature from the beginning stages of requirement gathering and technical design to implementation and support.
- Provides meaningful feedback to fellow engineers.
- Upholds and helps to define code standards and best practices.
WIN Reality VR Development Stack:
- Game Engine: Unity 2020.x
- Platform: VR - Oculus Quest
- Scripting Language: C#
- Version Control: GitLab
- Monitoring: Cloudwatch
- Project Management/Communication: Slack and Jira
Immediate Initiatives in this role:
- Enhance existing UI systems to expand support for 3D-focused interactions to facilitate VR-first redesigns of the user experience.
- Translate design specs and prototypes into production-ready systems.
- Restructure existing game loops and modules to facilitate sustainable development of upcoming design goals and training modes.
- Develop systems and tools that empower LiveOps team members to provide content updates outside of the regular release schedule.
- Incorporate additional logging and performance measurements to monitor application health and better inform product needs.
- Groom codebase to scale with growing development throughput
- Build and deploy features to support a virtual economy that interchangeably handles both internally and externally authored/managed application resources.
- Integrate peripheral input devices as part of the core application experience.
- Model and simulate physics interactions that characterize the game of baseball.
Sports have a rich heritage of transcending traditional boundaries in pursuit of winning. Winning is why people of diverse specialties, beliefs, and backgrounds come together. That is why WIN Reality is committed to diversity. We are committed to fielding the best team possible which is why all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.